Recruitment Privacy Notice
Date of issue: 29th July 2022
Thanks for considering an opportunity at Pennant!
As part of any recruitment process, Pennant collects and processes personal information relating to job applicants. Pennant is committed to being transparent on how it collects and uses that information and to meeting its data protection obligations. In this Policy, the words “our,” “us,” “we” and “Pennant” refer to Pennant Technologies Private Limited.
For the purposes of this Recruitment Privacy Notice (“Notice”), “Candidate Information” means any information provided by a job applicant or employment candidate, including any “Personal Data” and/or “Personal Information” as they may be defined under applicable laws. The information you provide to Pennant during our application and recruitment processes is voluntary, and you can choose how much to provide. However, please note that some of the questions and fields in the candidate profile are obligatory, such as your name and contact information. If you decide not to provide that information, it may affect our ability to consider you for employment.
What information does Pennant collect?
To enable us to run a smooth and impartial recruitment process, we need to process personal information about all potential candidates. We limit the collection and processing of personal information necessary to achieve one or more purpose as identified in this Notice. The personal information which we collect about you may include:
- Contact and basic personal details (name, home address, telephone number, email address, date of birth;
- Identification numbers and documents issued by public authorities (ID, passport and etc.);
- Evidence of how applicants meet the requirements of the position, including academic certificates, references, CV’s and information contained within application forms;
- The status of a person’s application;
- Notes about a person’s answers to questions during the interview stages (including at telephone interviews);
- Personal information relating to pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check depending on the role applied for;
- Salary details from previous employers and salary expectations (including benefits and bonuses);
- Personal information which is required in relation to a specific job or role; and
- If you are successful, we may gather additional information such as bank details and next of kin.
How do we collect Personal Information?
Usually, we collect personal information directly from you in circumstances where you wish to apply for a position with us, whether this is online, through emails to us, at a recruitment drive, or otherwise. However, there are occasions where we may learn about you through third parties such as campus placement, recruitment agencies, where an employee recommends you, or from other sources such as LinkedIn or any other networking site. If you are successful, we may also collect information about you from previous employers and/or academic institutions which you have attended. This Notice applies in respect of all recruitment activity whether you have provided personal information directly to us or it has been provided to us through a third party.
Who we share your personal information with?
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles. Pennant will not share your personal information with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and it makes you an offer of employment. Upon successful application for employment, Pennant will share your personal information with –
- third party service providers Pennant has retained to perform services on its behalf, for example companies who provide video assessment services, suppliers who undertake background screening and academic institutions to validate information you provide; comply with legal obligations, including in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
How do we safeguard Personal Information?
Pennant has in place physical, electronic and procedural safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we maintain. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, amount, distribution and storage of the personal information. They include physical, technical, and managerial measures to keep personal information protected from unauthorized access.
What are your rights?
Under the terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (as amended from time to time), including the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 (“Privacy Rules”) and in respect of your personal data collected by Pennant, you :-
- have the right to check whether Pennant holds data about you and the right of access to such data;
- have the right to require Pennant to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate; and
- have the right to ascertain Pennant’s policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Pennant.
How do we retain data?
Pennant retains personal information as is necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this notice. Your personal information will be retained so as to consider you for roles for which you may be qualified within Pennant. Pennant may also retain personal information for any additional period as required by applicable law or regulation, court, administrative or arbitration proceedings, or audit requirements.
How do we make changes?
As Pennant expands and improves this recruitment site, we may need to update this notice. This notice may be modified from time to time. We encourage you to review this notice on a regular basis for any changes.
How you can contact us?
The person at Pennant to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed as follows:-
Human Resources Manager
Pennant Technologies Private Limited
Cyber Gateway, Block B, Wing 2,
Level 1, L&T Infocity, Hitec City,
Hyderabad - 500084
or you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org